2023 American Public Service Scholarship
This is a nationwide scholarship opportunity. For information about our scholarship program for local high school students, please visit our local scholarship page.
Now more than ever, our nation needs skilled public servants. By contributing to the greater good, public servants have the ability to effect change and improve the lives of others through their work. We understand that the current job market may be encouraging you to pursue high-compensation digital jobs, but we want to remind you of the importance of public service careers. Public service careers offer the opportunity to serve your community, make a meaningful impact, and find fulfillment in your work. They also provide job security and stability, with diverse opportunities in various fields.
Students interested in careers such as teaching, law enforcement, and public health are not only badly needed, but represent the true American spirit of contribution to their fellow citizens. This line of work requires meticulous study, sacrifice, and altruism to create meaningful change. It is essential that talented, interested students understand the importance of public service and the role they can play in shaping our nation’s future.
As a way to help encourage the next generation of public servants throughout the nation, our law firm is proud to announce a scholarship opportunity open to eligible students nationwide.
This scholarship aims to incentivize students to enter public service careers and make the difference that is needed. Our hope is the 2023 American Public Service Scholarship’s financial assistance can help kickstart that process and encourage students to brainstorm their potential career pathways in public service.
This $1,000 scholarship award will be granted to two students who best exemplify what it means to be a public servant and answer the essay prompt to demonstrate their commitment to helping others. Be sure to outline your career aspirations, motivations, and how you will contribute as a public servant.
With our longstanding relationship with the College of the Desert, California State University Bakersfield, and the University of California Riverside, we want to encourage students from these universities to apply.
We can’t wait to read these applications!
- This scholarshipp is open to high school seniors, vocational students, college students, and graduate students who are legal residents in one of the 50 US states or the District of Columbia
- The applicant must be enrolled in a vocational program or two to four-year post-secondary institution for the 2023 Fall semester
- Employees of Walter Clark Legal Group, their family members, and those living in the same household as those individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to apply
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall standing to be eligible
- Candidates must submit a 750 – 1,000 word essay response to the prompt: Detail your efforts and aspirations to help your community as a public servant. Describe what experiences inspired you to choose this path and how you plan to make a difference.
- Candidates must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- Candidates must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to the college or university they plan to attend.
We will choose the winners for the 2023 American Public Service Scholarship during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2023. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Walter Clark 2023 American Public Service Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to email@example.com.