Victorville Car Accident Lawyer
If a negligent driver has injured you, contact a Victorville car accident lawyer at Walter Clark Legal Group. Our personal injury attorneys could defend and win compensation for car crash victims.
What To Do Following Your Car Accident in Victorville
First things first:
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING from an insurance adjuster until you’ve spoken to a member of our local auto accident attorney team.
Believe it or not, you may be signing away any future rights to compensation. Insurance adjusters will sometimes show up at the scene of a car crash accident and ask leading or incriminating questions just when victims are at their most vulnerable. Here are a few steps you should take immediately after the accident:
- Take pictures at the scene.
- Talk to witnesses.
- Gather as much information as you can. Photographic evidence is very hard to refute in a California car accident lawsuit. Be sure to take note of phrases witnesses say like, “that black car was flying,” or, “the truck was swerving back and forth.”
- Take down names and contact information as well just in case your claim goes to court.
- See your doctor immediately and follow all of his recommendations. Any delay may hurt your claim.
- Be sure to keep records and prescriptions on file. Remember that you have the right to a physician of your choice; don’t let the insurance adjuster choose one for you.
- Call your insurance company right away. Any delay in reporting the California auto accident could hurt your case.
The Importance of Documentation
As time passes: keep records and receipts. Write down how you felt afterward. Six or seven months later, it may be hard to remember how painful it was to bend down and tie your shoes in the morning, and an insurance adjuster may try to say you are exaggerating your injuries. Also be sure to maintain records of household services received, such as house cleaning and lawn mowing services. You can learn more about mistakes that could jeopardize your car accident claim here.
Hire a Victorville Car Accident Attorney
The Victorville car accident attorneys at Walter Clark Legal Group are sharp, driven, and experienced.
When you’ve been injured by someone’s negligence in a vehicle crash, you need the help of someone who’s willing to stand up to insurance companies and demand the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in an accident and want to discuss your legal options, contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.