Palm Springs Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A devastating injury can dramatically alter the course of your life. You may face many physical challenges in your recovery, including multiple surgeries, lengthy hospital stays, and prolonged pain. With a serious injury, you may also have to learn to cope with debilitating bouts of anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress.
If an injury has left you unable to work, expensive treatments and rehabilitation could pose a significant financial burden. Let an experienced Palm Springs catastrophic injury lawyer alleviate your situation. A skilled local attorney could help you obtain a substantial settlement from the person who caused your injury and advise you throughout the recovery process.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
Arizona courts consider injuries to be catastrophic if they result in permanent disabilities that drastically impact a person’s ability to work or alter their quality of life. These are the most severe types of injuries that require immediate treatment and often a lifetime of medical intervention. The following are examples of conditions that courts would consider to be catastrophic:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries, which could result in impaired cognitive abilities
- Back and neck injuries resulting in spinal cord damage, which could cause partial or whole-body paralysis
- Burn injuries, often leaving extensive scarring
- Birth injuries
- Facial disfiguration
- Internal organ damage
- Severely broken bones, causing impaired mobility or use of limbs
- Amputation of limbs
- Loss of eyesight or hearing
The effects of a catastrophic injury could greatly impact a person’s daily life after their accident. A dedicated attorney could help a severely injured person in Palm Springs pursue the financial award they need for the best possible medical care and rehabilitation services.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Accidents in Palm Springs
People can sustain devastating injuries in many different ways. Life-changing damage can occur from accidents, intentional acts of violence, medical mistakes, or use of harmful products. The following incidents are common causes of catastrophic injuries:
- Traffic collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, or buses
- Biking or pedestrian accidents
- Construction site and machinery accidents
- Medical and surgical malpractice, including delivery room mistakes
- Recreation, boating, and sporting accidents
- Premises liability incidents, such as slip and falls
- Defective products
- Defective or dangerous drugs
- Intentional acts of violence, such as assault
Regardless of the cause, our supportive legal team is ready to help those who suffered catastrophic accidents. One of our skilled local attorneys could investigate an incident to determine who could be held legally responsible and help an injured victim assess their losses. A civil claim could be necessary to receive adequate compensation for all past, present, and future damages resulting from the incident.
Call for Legal Help from a Palm Springs Catastrophic Injury Attorney Today
A traumatic accident can create significant, often lifelong barriers. However, seeking help from a Palm Springs catastrophic injury lawyer could help ease your life moving forward. Our firm has extensive experience handling a wide variety of severe injury cases, and our persistent attorneys could work tirelessly to build an effective claim for your situation. Call our office today to arrange a consultation.