How to Take Photos for Your Car Accident Claim
The moments after a car accident are often chaotic. If you have been injured, you are probably in pain, and are likely experiencing the adrenaline rush that often overtakes accident victims. It can be a scary time, but it is important that you do your best to focus and respond to the situation.
Of course, the first thing to do is to seek medical attention for anyone who was injured in the crash. You then need to contact the police so they can assist you and take down a report of the accident. It is also very important to take photos of the accident scene, as they can serve as important evidence in your car accident claim. Personal injury lawyers in Palm Springs or anywhere across the country can use this evidence to help you get the best possible outcome from your injury claim.
Tips for taking photos at the Accident Scene
- If you are using a digital camera to take the photos, make sure the time stamp is engaged. Smartphone cameras generally have this function already set.
- Take shots from several angles. You might leave out important details if you only take photos from one point of view.
- Photograph all vehicles involved in the accident. Make sure the photos show how close the vehicles are to one another, and their positioning.
- Get ample documentation of the vehicle damage, as well as damage to anything else, such as guardrails and street signs.
- Get photos of any traffic indicators near the scene, such as traffic lights and stop signs. Make sure to also get photos of street signs and nearby landmarks.
- Check for any debris, broken glass or car parts that resulted from the crash. Take photos that show the debris and where the parts came from.
- Photograph any skid marks near the scene, which can indicate what direction the vehicle was traveling leading up to the crash.
- Take photos of your injuries, and the injuries of anyone else hurt in the crash.
“The moments after a car accident can be frightening and adrenaline-filled, and it can be hard to focus. However, if you are able, do your best to have these important photos taken at the scene,” said Attorney Walter Clark, founder of Walter Clark Legal Group.
Take a look at these related articles:
Personal Injury Lawyers That Are Here For You
Our firm has been handling personal injury cases throughout the California Low Desert and High Desert communities for over 30 years. With a 95% success rate, the California personal injury attorneys at Walter Clark Legal Group will fight to hold those responsible for your loss accountable and win compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you have been injured in an auto accident and want to discuss your legal options, contact us today at (760) 777-7777 for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We have offices in Indio, Rancho Mirage, Victorville, El Centro, and Yucca Valley, and represent clients through the entire California Low Desert and High Desert communities.
DISCLAIMER: The Walter Clark Legal Group blog is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal or medical advice. References to laws are based on general legal practices and vary by location. Information reported comes from secondary news sources. We do handle these types of cases, but whether or not the individuals and/or loved ones involved in these accidents choose to be represented by a law firm is a personal choice we respect. Should you find any of the information incorrect, we welcome you to contact us with corrections.