Is Truck Driver at Fault for Tractor-Trailer Crash?

A driver suffered minor injuries after crashing into a tractor-trailer in Victorville Tuesday. According to the Victorville Sheriff’s Station, a woman driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser north on Hesperia Road collided with an oncoming tractor-trailer. The truck was apparently merging onto southbound Hesperia Road from Coad Road. It ended up directly in the path of the PT Cruiser. The crash occurred around 2:15 p.m.

The woman was then taken to the hospital for minor injuries. Authorities shut down northbound Hesperia Road from Coad Road to Ottawa Road while they investigated. The closure lasted about an hour. The Victorville Sheriff’s Station continues to investigate the tractor-trailer crash.

Tractor-Trailer Crashes Often Deadly

Large trucks are involved in about 500,000 crashes each year. In 2010, 4% of registered vehicles were large trucks. However, 9% of motor vehicle crash deaths involved a large truck. Of those fatal truck accidents, 75% involved a tractor-trailer, while the other 25% involved single large trucks.

“More and more, motorists are having to share the roads with these large trucks. When accidents occur, it is almost always the passenger vehicle occupants who suffer the consequences,” said Attorney Walter Clark, founder of Walter Clark Legal Group.

Our firm has been handling personal injury cases throughout the California Low Desert and High Desert communities for over 30 years. With a 95% success rate, the California personal injury attorneys at Walter Clark Legal Group will fight to hold those responsible for your loss accountable and win compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you have been injured in a truck accident and want to discuss your legal options, contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We have offices in Indio, Rancho Mirage, Victorville, and Yucca Valley and represent clients through the entire California Low Desert and High Desert communities.

DISCLAIMER: The Walter Clark Legal Group blog is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal or medical advice. References to laws are based on general legal practices and vary by location. Information reported comes from secondary news sources. We do handle these types of cases, but whether or not the individuals and/or loved ones involved in these accidents choose to be represented by a law firm is a personal choice we respect. Should you find any of the information incorrect, we welcome you to contact us with corrections.

Recent Posts
Popular Tags

Walter Clark Legal Group

Walter Clark Legal Group